In line with UK Government advice as well as that of the authorities in our host countries, we have suspended all overseas holidays and cruises up to 30th April. We are contacting all those guests affected individually to discuss the various alternatives on offer. In most cases, we are encouraging our guests to rebook at a later date either this year or if required, also 2021, all with no cancelation penalties or change fees.
At present, whilst restrictions may subsequently be extended, all holidays operating from May 1st onwards are still scheduled to go ahead as normal. For those affected in some way, who are unable or unwilling to travel, we are allowing changes to travel dates at no cancelation penalty (subject to the airline policy where applicable) and this can include dates in 2021, or the date can be left open if required, to allow more time to decide.
If you wish to discuss your arrangements, please contact us, but given that we are currently busy with those scheduled to travel in April, please bear with us if we are slow responding.
The Seafarer office is open as usual, though the majority of staff are working from home and still able to answer calls thanks to our IT and telephone system set up.
We will update this page as more information becomes available.
In the meantime, we wish all of you the best and look forward to better times soon.
The Seafarer team
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Holidays departing during summer 2020
- Currently, there are no travel restrictions after the first of May, so all holidays are presently planned to operate as normal. We are monitoring the situation closely through all available channels and will inform our guests as soon as possible if there are any changes in our host countries or to FCO advice. If there is a major change we will inform those guests who are traveling earlier first.
What if my holiday is affected?
- Our commitment to a personal service doesn’t end with your booking – we will do our best to offer you the maximum flexibility possible – this will vary from booking to booking, and our team will work to offer you the best option for your holiday and circumstances.
Deferring booked holidays
- We work with many suppliers, hotels, airlines and agencies – talk to us about your booking and we will do our utmost to confirm new arrangements that meet your requirments.
- If your flight is booked through us and is canceled or changed we will get in touch. If you have booked your own flight and this is canceled or changed please get in touch and we will do our utmost to work out alternative arrangements.
You are ill or self-isolating and can’t travel
- If you can’t travel due to illness or restrictions please get in touch and we’ll look at possible amendments to your holiday. You should be able to claim on your travel insurance if this is the case.
What Additional Precautions are in place for holidays that do go ahead
- Once we restart operations and whilst precautionary measures remain in place, guests and crew will be asked to complete a health questionnaire prior to travel. Additionally, our cruise operator partners have implemented an enhanced cleaning and santisation regime on all vessels. The safety of guests and crew is a top priority for us and any holidays and cruises that do operate, will be in line with the advice of the FCO and the authorities in our host countries and we will not restart operations until the official advice is that it is safe to do so.
The situation is changing by the day and this information will be regularly updated, though we will contact you directly if your holiday plans are disrupted.