An Island - Hopping Voyage Of Discovery Through The Seychelles Archipelago
- Translucent island waters
- The amazing natural beauty
- Stunning snorkelling
- Centuries-old rain forests
- Wonderful wild-life
- Brilliant bird life and giant tortoises
- ‘Coco de Mer’ palm trees
The perfect destination to experience a unique island-hopping voyage
You need a small craft with a comparatively shallow draft to best explore these waters where every next stop is a little further away from life’s beaten track than the last. So, a small ship is the ultimate way to really discover the unspoilt 115-strong archipelago of the Seychelles, hopping from island to island, visiting places which will captivate your senses with their amazing and unique flora and fauna. It’s a little taste of paradise.
Let’s be honest this is an entirely different sort of world where life is as fascinating and unusual below the water as it is above, and every secluded beach is a private paradise. The islands themselves, with curious names like ‘Curieuse’, pretty much protected from the world at large, are little lands that time forgot. If you’re looking to escape from the humdrum of the workaday world, or simply the dismal damp UK winter, this is the place to visit.
Ports of call: Mahe - St Anne - Curieuse - Cousin Island - Anse Lazio - Aride - St Pierre - Baie St Anne (Praslin) - Felicite - La Digue - Moyenne Island - Mahe
The weather in the Seychelles is warm all year round with temperatures rarely going below 24c or above 32c. The hottest months are December to March, with April to October being cooler. There is more rainfall between November and February, though one never seems to have to wait too long for the sun to return.
Day-by-Day 7 Nights Itinerary
Mahe – St Anne
Embarkation 15:00 to 16:00 pm. After the welcome cocktail and safety drill, we leave Port Victoria and sail to nearby St. Anne for a refreshing swim stop off the ship. Overnight at anchor near St. Anne. Welcome dinner.
St. Anne – Curieuse
We leave St. Anne island early in the morning to reach Curieuse. This morning we visit this uninhabited island, once a leper colony and home to giant tortoises. Our walking excursion with a park guide will bring us to the farm, along mangrove forests. Later we return to the beach for a BBQ under the trees. In the afternoon you can enjoy the beach and sea activities. Overnight at anchor.
Curieuse – Cousin Island – Anse Lazio
In the morning we sail for Cousin island. Optional excursion to the Bird Sanctuary which is in the care of Bird Life International. A quarter of a million birds breed on Cousin which also has several nesting beaches for turtles. Later in the afternoon we reach Anse Lazio. In the afternoon we sail to Anse Lazio, Praslin, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Time for water sports, snorkelling or optional diving. Evening at anchor.
Anse Lazio – Aride – St. Pierre – Baie St. Anne
In the morning we leave for Aride. Our optional excursion will take you all the way to the top of the island for an amazing view. The island is home to the Wright’s gardenia found nowhere else on earth and to bird species like the Audubon’s shearwater, the Seychelles warbler. At noon we sail for St. Pierre island. We reach St. Pierre after lunch for a 3 hour snorkeling and swimming stop. At sunset, we leave St. Pierre to sail into Baie St. Anne, Praslin. Overnight at dock. Creole night.
Baie St. Anne – Felicite – La Digue
Baie St. Anne, Praslin. Optional excursion to the famous Vallee de Mai Reserve, a World Heritage site. You will explore the pathways under tall palm trees which produce the famous Coco de Mer and you might sight a black parrot only found in Praslin. Afternoon sailing to Felicite for swimming, snorkelling or optional diving excursion on this uninhabited island. Evening sailing to La Digue. Evening arrival at La Digue. Anchor in front of the Port. Overnight.
La Digue – Moyenne Island
La Digue, the most photographed and quaint community in the Seychelles. Our optional excursion will take us by bus to the Veuve Nature Reserve and through Union Plantation to l’ Anse Source d’ Argent beach. Arrival at L’ Union Estate and tour of the copra kiln, traditional coconut oil mill and the colonial plantation house. Time at Anse Source D’ Argent one of the most magnificent beaches in the world. Marvel at some of Seychelles most impressive rock formations – truly unique, whilst enjoying a refreshment. Time for hunting souvenirs at La Passe, the islands main village, before returning to the ship. Late afternoon sailing to Moyenne island, opposite Mahe. Evening arrival at Moyenne. Overnight at anchor.
Moyenne Island – Mahe
After a short guided tour around the island there’s time for a swim before a beach BBQ on the island. This is a last opportunity for snorkelling and swimming. We leave Moyenne Island for Mahe’s Victoria Port in the afternoon. Late afternoon, we reach the Inter Island Quay, Mahe. Captain’s Farewell Dinner with live music and dancing. Overnight in Mahe.
Disembarkation 9:00 – 10:00 am.
Your Vessel: The M/Y Pegasos
The twin-hulled Pegasos, built in 1990, completely refitted in 1997 and renovated in 2016, accommodates up to 44 guests in 21 cabins, in a relaxed and congenial atmosphere.
On board you will enjoy magnificent sea views as you stroll our 2,550 square feet / 240 m2 of open deck. You can relax with friends in the handsomely appointed lounge, browse in the well-stocked library or enjoy ocean view dining in the convivial and spacious restaurant area.
A swimming platform on Pegasos’ stern enables you to swim when weather and anchorage conditions permit. We have snorkelling equipment as well as a couple of two man sea kayaks available for your use We have also added for your relaxation a zen mini spa located on the Lower Deck.
On board Facilities
- One sitting for all meals
- Indoor & Outdoor Restaurant
- Indoor & Outdoor Lounge & Bar
- Audiovisual in Lounge
- Mini library
- Beach Towels
- Snorkeling equipment
- Board Games
- Swimming Platform
- Windows in all cabins
- Triple Occupancy cabins: Category A
- Flat-Screen TV
- Mini Safe
- Mini Fridge
- Individually controlled A/C
- En suite bathroom with shower
- Telephone for internal use
- Central music
The Category C cabins are spacious cabins featuring windows. Cabins have bathroom with shower, individually controlled A/C, piped music, flat-screen TV (Satellite channels), telephone for internal use, mini safe, hairdryer, adapters (220V).
Main Deck & Sun Deck
Double or Twin Bedded Cabins
The Category B cabins are spacious cabins located on the Main Deck and on the Sun Deck with large windows offering unique views of the destinations you visit. Cabins have bathroom with shower, individually controlled A/C, piped music, flat-screen TV (Satellite channels), telephone for internal use, mini safe, hairdryer, adapters (220V).
Upper & Main Decks
Double or Twin Bedded Cabins
Optional Sail & Stay
With daily sunshine virtually guaranteed, we recommend you consider extending your stay on the main island of Mahe which boasts some excellent hotels and fine beaches, as well as a unique Creole culture which represents the fusion of influences that have shaped the history of these islands.
We can tailor make these arrangements for you before or after the cruise in a range of properties such as the 5 star Savoy Resort & Spa on the white sand beach of Beau Vallon Bay, arguably the best beach on the island. Add either 3 or 7 nights before or after the cruise and to make things easy, our prices include the transfer between the cruise vessel, the hotel and the airport.
The Seychelles Island Odyssey2021 prices (£) per person - 7 nights cruise
10% Early booking discount applies to departures from 31/01/2021
Saturday departures from Mahe
Vessel: M/S Pegasus
|Departure Dates||Category C||Category B||Category A||Category P||EBD|
Seychelles - port charges, flights and supplements 2021
|Category C||Category B||Category A||Category P|
|Flights inc luggage from||£780|
Book your flights with us to ensure full financial protection for your holiday.
|Your holiday with us is financially secure as we are ATOL licensed and your holiday is ATOL protected. We are also members of ABTA giving additional protection. We have been trading since 1995 so with over 25 years under our belts, you can book with total confidence.|
- Accommodation in your chosen grade of cabins with private SH/WC & air conditioning.
- Mini fridge, and flat screen TV with complimentary movies
- Full-board meals including an American buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Welcome Cocktail, a local themed party night, fun BBQ (weather permitting) and Captains dinner
- Regular (filter) coffee, tea and still mineral water, plus fresh fruit are available with our compliments all day
- Use of fishing and snorkelling equipment and sea kayak (subject to availability).
- English-Speaking Tour Director
- Flights & transfers when cruise is booked as a flight inclusive package
- 3 Complimentary excursions in Aride, Curieuse and Cousin
- Accommodation in your chosen grade of cabin, with ensuite SH/WC, individually controlled air conditioning, mini fridge and flat screen TV with complimentary movies.
- Full-board: Buffet breakfast and two meals daily, including a welcome cocktail, local theme evening and Captain’s Dinner.
- Regular (filter) coffee, tea and drinking water free all day, plus abundant fresh fruit.
- 3 complimentary excursions in Aride, Curieuse and Cousin
- Use of fishing and snorkelling equipment, plus sea kayak (subject to availability).
- Professional English speaking tour director.
- Flights & transfers (where booked as a flight inclusive package)
- Two nights pre-voyage and one night post-voyage Ocean View accommodation at the Savoy Resort & Spa at Baie Beau Vallon, on bed & breakfast basis, all transfers to hotel, sea-voyage, and airport and port and environmental charges.
- Beverages except regular (filter) coffee, tea and still mineral water
- Shore excursions or other land arrangements at ports of call
- Passengers’ personal expenses.
- Wi-Fi which is available at a charge
- Gratuities which are optional and should be made centrally at the hotel reception desk to be distributed throughout the crew – we recommend Eur10-14 per passenger per day
- Flights & transfers if cruise is booked for independent travel
Flights on Fridays via Dubai or Doha from London Heathrow & Gatwick, Manchester and Glasgow.
ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 9511
From Mahe airport to harbour 15 minutes by car or minivan.